Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to the NEW Forever Our Girl Paula Abdul Forum! We are ALL Pamily here. So Sit back, relax and have FUN!!

Vocabulary Game at FreeRice & Help End World Hunger

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
DreamHrt
Admin
DreamHrt

Vocabulary Game at FreeRice & Help End World Hunger    Empty
PostSubject: Vocabulary Game at FreeRice & Help End World Hunger    Vocabulary Game at FreeRice & Help End World Hunger    EmptyThu Nov 17, 2011 5:25 am

Play the Vocabulary Game at FreeRice and for each word you get right, we donate 20 grains of rice through the UN World Food Program to help end hunger.

http://www.freerice.com/index.php

FreeRice has two goals:

1. Provide English vocabulary to everyone for free.

2. Help end world hunger by providing rice to hungry people for free.

Whether you are CEO of a large corporation or a street child in a poor country, improving your vocabulary can improve your life. It is a great investment in yourself. Perhaps even greater is the investment your donated rice makes in hungry human beings, enabling them to function and be productive. Somewhere in the world, a person is eating rice that you helped provide. Thank you.

The rice you donate makes a huge difference to the person who receives it. According to the United Nations, about 25,000 people die each day from hunger or hunger-related causes, most of them children. To a mother or father watching a loved child die in their arms from hunger, the rice you donate is more precious than anything in the world.

Please remember that you are not the only one playing FreeRice. Though 10 or 20 grains of rice is a small amount, it is important to remember that while you are playing, so are thousands of other people at the same time. It is each and every one of you together that makes the difference. Your 200, 500 or 1,000 grains may not seem like much by itself, but consider that in its first five months, FreeRice generated enough rice to feed more than one million people.
Back to top Go down
https://paulaabdul.forumotion.com
azsoul

azsoul

Vocabulary Game at FreeRice & Help End World Hunger    Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vocabulary Game at FreeRice & Help End World Hunger    Vocabulary Game at FreeRice & Help End World Hunger    EmptyTue Nov 22, 2011 7:16 pm

I did way better than I though I would. Not as dumb as I thought I was. LOL
Back to top Go down

Vocabulary Game at FreeRice & Help End World Hunger
Page 1 of 1